Advanced Treatments for Neck Pain Available in the Smyrna, TN, Area
The latest advances in neck pain treatment are available at the Spine Center at Precision Pain Care. Headquartered in Smyrna, Tennessee, our practice utilizes advanced, non-invasive therapies and minimally invasive procedures that can help you effectively manage your discomfort and get back to living life as usual.
The neck is tasked with moving and supporting the weight of the head, placing it under nearly constant stress. Because of this, the vertebrae, ligaments, nerves, and muscles of the neck are particularly susceptible to damage. Several factors may contribute to persistent neck pain, including:
- Wear and tear caused by age or overuse
- Trauma caused by auto accidents and other high-impact collisions
- Previous injuries to the spine, shoulder, or arm
- Spondylosis, or degeneration of the discs that cushion the bones of the spine
- Arthritis, or inflammation of the joints
While cases of temporary neck pain can be remedied with rest, over-the-counter medicines, and heat/ice therapy, ongoing discomfort may require diagnosis and further treatment from a medical professional. In general, if your pain is severe enough to disrupt your daily routine, you may consider visiting a physician. Certain symptoms, such as tingling sensations, headaches, weakness, or pain that travels down the arms or legs, may also indicate the need for more advanced care.
At Precision Pain Care, our primary goal is to return you to the lifestyle you enjoyed before you started experiencing chronic neck pain, and to do so without the unnecessary use of strong narcotics and highly invasive open-spine surgeries. Procedures are performed at our sister facility, Spine and Pain Physicians Surgery Center, a state-of-the-art facility in Smyrna, TN, which is staffed with compassionate professionals, including Dr. Graf Hilgenhurst, a board-certified and fellowship-trained pain medicine specialist and anesthesiologist. We will identify the source of your pain, provide an accurate diagnosis, and design an individualized treatment plan to significantly improve your quality of life. There are several innovative therapies and procedures we may use to help you manage your neck pain, such as:
- Epidural steroid injections – Targeted injections that can reduce neck pain caused by inflamed nerves
- Radiofrequency neurotomy – The process of carefully burning inflamed spinal joint nerves to stop them from sending pain signals to the brain
- Facet joint injections – Injections of a local anesthetic to numb pain in a facet joint in the neck
Contact Precision Pain Care today to schedule your consultation. We’ll be happy to provide you with more information regarding the innovative neck pain management techniques that we offer in Smyrna, TN.