Joint Pain Treatment Options Available to People Living in the Smyrna, TN, Area
If you’re one of the many people who suffer from chronic joint pain in Smyrna, Tennessee, relief can be found at Precision Pain Care. Our practice specializes in non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments for a variety of conditions that are responsible for joint discomfort and immobility.
As the areas where the bones connect, joints play a key role in facilitating movement. So, when a knee, hip, or shoulder is damaged by injury or disease, the results may be debilitating. Common causes of joint pain include:
- Injury – trauma to the joint, such as a sprain or overuse injury
- Bursitis – the inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs that cushion many of the body’s joints
- Tendinitis – the inflammation of the tendons that surround a joint
- Arthritis – any one of many degenerative conditions that cause joint inflammation, stiffness, and general discomfort
Certain risk factors can increase one’s likelihood of experiencing joint pain, such as:
- Being overweight
- Having previous joint injuries
- Participating in high-impact sports or exercise
- Having a family history of certain types of arthritis or other joint-related conditions
Treatment and management of joint pain will depend on each patient’s specific diagnosis, as well as the type and severity of his or her symptoms.
Whatever is to blame for your chronic joint pain, Precision Pain Care in Smyrna, TN, can help. Dr. Graf Hilgenhurst, the founder of our practice and a board-certified pain medicine specialist and anesthesiologist, takes a conservative approach to treatment that focuses on avoiding potentially addictive narcotics and traditional, highly invasive surgeries. For example, we provide regenerative therapies that can reduce joint inflammation and discomfort, promote healing, and help you return to the activities you love as quickly as possible. Our platelet-rich plasma therapy (also referred to as PRP treatment) utilizes injections of the patient’s own blood platelets to reduce pain and jumpstart the recovery process. We also offer stem cell therapy, which consists of injecting the patient’s own restorative mesenchymal stem cells into the damaged joint.
Contact Precision Pain Care today if you live in the Smyrna, TN, area and you’re ready to find a solution to your chronic knee, hip, or shoulder joint pain. We’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have about our innovative treatments, modern facilities, and compassionate medical care providers.