Why Should I Exercise?
ENCOURAGE PATIENTS WITH DIABETIC NEUROPATHY TO STAY ACTIVE
Exercise can be difficult if you suffer from chronic pain, but it is one of the most highly recommended forms of conservative treatment. For those with diabetic neuropathy, the benefits of exercise can also help you manage your diabetes symptoms, which will in turn improve your neuropathy symptoms.
Diabetic neuropathy is a chronic condition involving damage to nerves from high blood sugar levels caused by diabetes. If you suffer from this debilitating condition, don’t give up! There are plenty of treatments and tips you can use to help relieve pain- including exercise! Talk to a Precision Pain Care staff member before introducing new exercises into your daily routine. Patients with diabetic neuropathy can find relief through treatment in a number of different ways:
EXERCISE CAN HELP
- Reduce your need of insulin
- Control weight and take excess pressure off of your feet
- Build strong muscles and bones
- Give you motivation
- Manage your blood sugar better, reducing your risk of nerve damage
- Correct posture and gait complications